Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed has appointed 50% female cabinets from the total 20. It is the first time in Ethiopian history that a female parity assured.
Abiy, since came to power in 2018 has made a swift changes in many areas.
It is a time of change and prosperity for Ethiopia as a leader in East Africa with the appointment of 50% of cabinet members by women ministers and senior women leaders.
In Ethiopia Leader’s Cabinet, 50%(half) the ministers are women!
- President Sahle-Work Zewde- Office of the President, Ethiopia
- Ministry of Peace – Muferihat Kamil Ahmed
- President of The Federal Supreme Court of Ethiopia – Meaza Ashenafi
- Deputy Mayor of Addis Ababa City Administration – Adanech Abiebie
- Ministry of Health,Ethiopia – Lia Tadesse, Minister of Health
- Ministry of Transport – Ethiopia – Dagmawit Moges
- Ministry of Urban Development and Construction/Ethiopia – Aisha Mohammed
- Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Women Children and Youth- Filsen Abdulahi
- Ministry of Culture & Tourism-Ethiopia – Hirut Kassaw
- Planning and Development Commission of Ethiopia – Fitsum Assefa
- Press Secretary for the Office of the Prime Minister-Ethiopia – Billene Seyoum
- Chair Person of National Electoral Board of Ethiopia- NEBE -Birtukan Mideksa
- State Minister for Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Political Diplomacy Sector The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia – Hirut Zemene