In Addis Ababa alone, 30 vehicles have been reported stolen in the last three months alone.
Addis Ababa Police Commission Public Relations Director, Commander Fasika Fanta, told Bisrat Radio that 30 vehicles were stolen in the first quarter of 2014. It is reported that more than 20 of the 30 vehicles stolen were stolen from one location and confiscated.
The theft was reported to have taken place in 11 sub-cities, with the highest crime rate being Bole and the lowest crime rate in Lideta, the commander said. ፡ Searching
Police have prosecuted those involved in car theft, and are investigating the rest. In the first quarter of 2013, 44 vehicles were stolen, a decrease that was lower than the previous year, the commander told Bisrat Radio.
New regulation for cars in Addis Ababa.
- Entering the city and moving within the city without a valid driver’s license, as well as loading and unloading on the highway, is punishable by a fine of 1,000 birr for the first time, 2,000 for the second time, and 3,000 birr for a double offense.
- Entering the city with an expired driver’s license or moving in the city for the first time will be fined 5,000 birr, the second time 1,000, and more than 4,000 birr. The driver’s license will be suspended for 2 months.
- The use of the driver’s license outside of the approved time zone is punishable by a fine of Rs 5,000 for the first time, Rs 1,000 for the second time, and a fine of Birr 2,000 for a second time.
- Possession and use of a revoked or impaired mobility license, as well as the transfer of a mobility license to another entity and the impersonation of another vehicle license; A fine of 6,000 birr will be suspended for 3 months.
- Throwing or destroying a license more than twice; He will be fined 1,000 birr and will have his license renewed.